Friday, May 22, 2009

Recipe Friday - Easiest Beef and Broccoli

I found this recipe on Recipezaar.com. It is so tasty and so quick to prepare. When I served this up, my daughter says "that doesn't look good. I don't want to eat it." Well, we have a rule in our house that you have to taste everything. When she tasted it she said, with lots of surprise in her voice, "Wow. I guess I do like this beef." and she ended up eating seconds of it! Score!!

You can click here to go to the Recipezaar site or I have listed the directions below the way I made it.

Easy Beef and Broccoli
INGREDIENTS:
3 Tbls cornstarch, divided
1/2 c water plus 2 Tbls water, divided
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 lb boneless round steak or chuck steak, cut into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 small onion, finely diced
1/3 c soy sauce
2 Tbls brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
hot cooked rice

In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth. Add beef and toss well. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.

Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over hot rice.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I have some great broccoli from my garden. Thanks!
Dropped by from SITS.