I was talking with a friend of mine, trying to schedule a get-together, and we both realized school is coming to an end! The reason we both had the ah-ha moment is because we started going over our calendars together and the first night she was available, nope on our end due to an end of school year picnic. Ok, how about next week, well no because in that week her kids have choir concert, my kids have the talent show at school and she had another thing that week (an awards banquet, I think). Ok, first of June, nope because yet again something going on at the school.
She finally said "Ok. When does school let out for your kids and we will go from there!"
So then we started talking about AFTER the kids are all out of school - keep in mind we are trying to get together withOUT kids - and she suggested mid-June. Nope, one of my sisters will be here visiting for a week.
Then, she remembered she wanted to ask if she could take my kids with her kids to a VBS at their church. I asked when it would be... the same week the kids will be going with their Aunt to her VBS program.... UGH
Ok, so back to OUR get together - July? August maybe? We better act fast or soon we'll be back to school, then holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) and before we know it we will be looking ahead to 2010!!
We're still working on getting together this year. Even this summer perhaps!
It amazes me how much stuff we end up doing at the end of every school year! Rush, Rush, Rush, just so that after a week after school lets out the kids are bored!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The end of the school year is like a blur! I teach 10th grade English, and next Saturday is our last school day. (We have to make up a snow day.) And my calendar is full of to-dos between now and that last day. Good luck with tying up your loose ends!
i hate this... I sit there and question- every time I'm in this position, why it has to be so hard...
I once took a picture of my May calendar because it blew my mind how crazy (although a lot of fun!) this time of year is! My calendar has been looking like that for a few years in a row now, and I have learned that March and early April are the calm before the storm. I try to get together with as many friends then as I can. And then there is always October...
Found you on Tiffany's blog...will have to try your granola bars!
Post a Comment