It makes the house smell yummy too while it cooks!
Pumpkin Butter
INGREDIENTS:
1 (15 oz) can solid pack pumpkin (for those of you who cook your own pumpkin it is about 1 3/4 c pumpkin)
1 c applesauce
3/4 c apple juice
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Transfer to sterile containers and refrigerate until serving.
**NOTE: I reuse jars so I don't know what size my jars are, but I can tell you that this batch fills about 3 smaller sized jars. The recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled if you want to make more. The cooking time would need to be increased as well.**





3 comments:
giveaway? thats my kinda talking!! but alas, no Internet on the weekends for me. *sad face*
catch ya Monday!
Thanks for complimenting my big sleigh. Now you have me anticipating what your husband did w/ the sleigh in your son's room. You can't leave me hangin! Please share!!
My friend has an old house in Vermont they use for the weekends to ski. The have an old fashioned toboggan mounted diagonally right on the wall. I would have never thought of that; but it looks awesome!
Yum! Too bad my husband does not like anything pumpkin :(...I may have to try this just for me.
Have a great weekend - I'm stopping by as I try to visit all of the SSS participants.
Post a Comment