Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lady Bug Graduates

Lady Bug gradutated preschool yesterday! I was so sad and bawled like a baby through the whole thing!

The preschool is actually closing down after 20 years! The director of the school started this daycare 20 years ago so that she could be with her children while bringing in some income. She has 3 kids, her oldest graduated high school a couple years ago! So yesterday at the graduation her middle child was there - as a senior in High School getting ready to graduate herself! Since this was the last graduation this preschool would be putting together they brought back 4 high seniors that were actually alumni of the daycare! The seniors wore their cap and gown and read the names of the preschool graduates. It was really cute! Each senior also gave a short speech to the preschool graduates, saying things like "just remember to be good to your friends and share your toys." or "Remember to eat your vegetables." It was really cute.

The kids sang some songs and answered quiz questions. It was a lot of fun, UNTIL they started singing a song with words "I know I leave my handprints on the wall, but just be good to me now because one day I will be grown and gone." -- What kind of cruel director plans a song like that? Just kidding.






1 comment:

Misty said...

she looks adorable... one day you can place this photo beside her high school and college graduation photos... :)