Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Flashlights don't make the lighfixture brighter

I kept smelling this burning plastic smell in Lefty's room. I could not for the life of me figure out where it was coming from. Mr. Man checked and basically determined that it was the new Nintendo DS charger, because it was new. But then the smell lasted 2-3 more days and Mr. Man knew it couldn't be the charger. So he went on the hunt and finally found a flashlight stuck inside Lefty's overhead light in his room.

He told us he thought it would make his light brighter. Little did he know the light bulb inside the light fixture would melt the flashlight plastic and cause the melted plastic to burn itself off.

Lovely smell.

It still smells in there almost a week later.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Better than the time your brothers, and my two oldest boys, draped a scarf over a light bulb (your Mom and I were never quite sure why) and it caught fire! Fortunately, we were both in my house at the time, and no real harm was done......although I had liked that scarf!

Misty said...

ewww...
i hate bad smells... glad you found it though!

Steph said...

Leave a small bowl with either a 1/4 cup of baking soda or vinegar in there for about a week. That should help it go away more quickly. Also, crack the window if the weather permits.