I know I usually share recipes on Fridays, but what the hay, it is my blog and I can do whatever I want, right? right.
This is an easy recipe for homemade bagel pizza bites. I have made these a couple times. I make a couple batches at a time and then store in the freezer, they make great quick lunch or dinners for the kiddos (I like them too!) I buy the mini bagels at Costco and use some for breakfasts and the others for these pizza bites!
Homemade Bagel Pizza Bites
INGREDIENTS:
mini bagels, cut in half
pizza sauce
mozzerella
pepperoni, diced (optional) {I found some mini pepperonis that work perfect}
Any other toppings you might want, onions, peppers, sausage, black olives... my family likes plain cheese or cheese/pepperoni combo.
Place the bagel halves on a cookie sheet (I use a large cookie sheet and get 8 bagels (16 halves) on there). Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes (this way the sauce won't seep into the bread making it soggy).
Remove cookie sheet and spread pizza sauce on top of bagels.
Top with mozzerella cheese and toppings.
Place cookie sheet back in freezer for 2-3 hours until the toppings are set.
Remove from freezer and store in large freezer-safe Ziploc baggies.
TO BAKE: Place a bagel pizza bite on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brilliant idea on preventing the sauce from soaking into the bread! That is always a problem for me. Thank you! :) I also LOVE the idea of freezing them. You gave me excellent tips in this post.
Also, I have a favor to ask...
I'm trying to win a party contest and would love your help! Would you go here:
http://thecitycradle.com/party-3-spy-agent
and leave a comment at the end of the article? Your comment will give me a vote. Thanks so much! I appreciate it lots. <3
Post a Comment