Thursday, February 4, 2010

There's a reason he is called Spirit


Our sweet 9 year old boy, whom I refer to as Spirit on this blog, got his name from having such a sweet spirit.

A couple of days ago, he was intensely watching me make coffee and asking detailed questions about how I make it. From pouring the water in the coffee maker down to how much sugar and cream I usually put in my cup.

Last night as he was getting ready for bed, he said "Tomorrow if you get up before me can you NOT make your coffee until I get up?" So I agreed.

This morning I had just gotten out of the shower and could hear some rukus in the kitchen...guess who was MAKING my coffee for me? Yep, my Spirit.

As I started down the stairs Mr. Man stopped me and said "he really wants to make your coffee so it is all ready for you when you come down. So just go back up and finish getting ready."

When I came down it was brewed and he was pouring it into a cup for me!

He did a good job too! I was pretty proud of him and he was quite proud of himself as well.

3 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

What a sweet kid! That just brought tears to my eyes!

elizabeth embracing life said...

I want you to know I started to cry when I read this. My daughter who is now 20 use to get my coffee for me. I had a timed pot which had it ready before I woke. I will never forget the day she brought me coffee in bed and said "mommy I tried to make it the exact color you like it." She was eight years old and every morning at breakfast watched me pour milk in my coffee. To this day she knows just how much milk I like by the color in the cup. Bless the sweetness of your son, and believe me you will never forget this. p.s. she brough me coffee for years.

Jolene said...

Wow, that is so sweet. It sounds like you are raising one thoughtful little man!