I have posted this recipe before, but since the last time I posted this I have made one slight addition to the recipe so I decided to re-post this. I recently started adding in a few cubed potato hashbrowns in the taco.
This is a great school morning breakfast, it can be made ahead and set up as a "taco bar" with all the fixins out so as people get up and are ready to eat they make their own taco.
Breakfast Tacos are similar to a breakfast burrito only smaller.
Breakfast Tacos
INGREDIENTS:
4 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream, plus a little extra to top off the tacos
4 small (8"-fajita size) flour tortillas
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 strips bacon
1/2 bag of cubed hashbrown potatoes
mild picante sauce
Fry bacon in a skillet and remove only bacon to paper towel to drain, then crumble and set aside.
Using the bacon grease cook hashbrowns until done. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
Beat eggs together in a small bowl. Add sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook for a few minutes, then stir with a spatula and cook more until well cooked.
When ready to serve, place scrambled eggs in the middle of the tortilla. Add a few hashbrowns down middle. Top with crumbled bacon, cheese, sour cream, and picante sauce. Fold over and seal with a little sour cream.
**NOTE: Be sure to only add a few potatoes and a little bit of egg, otherwise you won't be able to close up the tortilla if it is stuffed too full!**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
love your cute, lovely blog.
Thank you for sharing the recipe with us. No "sign in" to sign in?
Betty Mann author of :cutand-dry.blogspot.com
I love love this idea....what about dinner too???
We are a family that eats breakfast at dinner!
sandy toe
this is such a great idea. With next week being our "back to school" (AGH!) week, I am totally throwing this onto the menu!
That sounds delicious, and easy enough for me to handle!! Gotta try it.
Stopping by from sits
Post a Comment