Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday mish mash

This post is just a bunch of different things going on. I apologize for the random thoughts and jumpy thoughts too!

First off, I have been BOO'd by Lions, Tigers and Boys, Oh My!

Boo!!!This is how the Blogging Boo will work...
Go to as many friends as you want and tell them they've been "Boo-ed". Have them link back to your blog to pick up their Halloween Treat (picture) and tell them to "Boo" their friends. Then, put the picture in your side bar so everyone knows that you've already been "Boo-ed" and to send the pic to someone else...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some pictures of the Spirit and Lady Bug (couldn't get Lefty to sit long enough for a picture) sporting their new haircuts:







Mr. Man took them the other day to see his cousin. She owns a day spa/salon and so she got them all spiffied up and I got nothing! wahhhhhhh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The poor dog is feeling very violated after being spayed this week! She is still sluggish, but she is starting to come around.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kids, well actually just the boys, have been on fall break this week and Mr. Man took time off too. My boss is on vacation this week so I am stuck in the office holding down the fort while my family gets to do fun stuff! Today, they are taking the neighbors (ages 9 and 12) with them to go tour the Denver Mint. Lefty is starting to collect coins so he is beyond exited!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funny things heard in my house recently:
Spirit: Dad, how can you tell Gidget is a girl?
Mr. Man: Ummm, welll, er.... ummmm, well you see ... ummm, ok she doesn't have a wee wee.
Me snickering in the kitchen...a wee wee? We've never called it that. That is so funny!
Spirit: What are those bumpy things on her tummy?
Mr. Man: Well, those are what she would feed babies with if she had babies.
Spirit: What are they called?
Mr. Man: I'm not sure. Go ask your mom.
Paybacks for laughing at him I suppose! I probably deserved it! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lady Bug: I want chocolate milk.
Me: Ok.
I start to pour it and she starts freaking out and crying. I am looking at her very confused and she says: Why did you make it brown? I don't like brown. Brown is a boy color. Ohhhhhh mom.
Me: Honey, chocolate is brown. So chocolate milk is going to be brown too.
Lady Bug - completely recovered just like that and no more tears: Oh, I didn't know.
Me: Obviously!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr. Man: Honey (to me) I want you to make more homemade applesauce. I bought the apples already. I wasn't sure how many it took.
Me: Ok, how much did you get?
Mr. Man: 100 pounds



Well, we'll have applesauce alright. A lot of it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lefty: Mooooooommmmmmmm! Can you come here?
Me: Ok. Where are you?
Lefty: The bathroom.
Me (opening the door): What do you need? (Thinking he must be out of TP or something)
Lefty: It realllllllllly smells bad in here.
Me (stupidly asking): What does it smell like?
Lefty: Poop. From my butt.


NICE! Boys are so much fun to live with. All this talk about bodily functions and then it is even better when we do the bodily functions at the dinner table (or worse, at the table when Grandma is over! eeek)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night we started making the applesauce. Spirit wasn't feel well so he went to bed at 7:30, but Lady Bug and Lefty were a big help. Here are some pictures of them helping wash apples. Lefty was pulling the stickers off and then Lady Bug would carefully place them in the sink and I would wash them. It was so fun!



14 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lots of fun!

I love those bathroom summons, too. With boys you NEVER know what it's going to be about.

What's fall break about? Why don't we get fall break? I'm going to talk to the school board about this! We most definitely should get fall break, too! LOL!

Aubrey said...

That stinks that you are stuck in the office! It's such a great week for fall break. I'm lovin' this weather we are having!

Ooooh! Homemade applesauce. I'll be over later!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

100 lbs of apples! Good Golly! Make some apple pie and I'll bring the vanilla ice cream :

Jennifer Owens said...

Man, what's a fall break? We don't have those here. It's also barely fall here too...

You make homemade applesauce! Whoa - you are like super mom of the year. Sounds delish!

sassy stephanie said...

One.Hundred.Pounds? Whew. That's allotta apples.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Funny stories-We have lots of bathroom talk around here with three boys....

Jennifer said...

I'm glad the dog is doing well! I'll bet your applesauce is delicious--and w/ 100 lbs of apples you should be eating it for a looong time--lol!!

OklahomaMomma said...

Those little stories are so hilarious! Kids really are so funny! Mine isn't even talking and I laugh all day long at him.

Misty said...

i love making applesauce! we did it last week. not quite a hundred pounds worth though. Boy, he really likes applesauce, huh?

loved the funny things said... esp. the chocolate milk one. "oh, i didn't know that." TOO cute!

United Studies said...

Oh I love it when Emma asks me questions I know would embarrass Peter to answer, because then I get to say "Go ask your Dad." Hahahaha....

You can always send some applesauce my way. ;-)

Nicole said...

You have such cute helpers in your kitchen!

Carrie said...

Oh...my....gosh! Your kids are SO friggen funny! I am dying! HAHAHA Did your husband seriously buy you 100 lbs. of apples??

Melisa S. said...

I wish I liked applesauce...had to eat it as a child with medicine and ever since then it's been no go for me! :(