Monday, October 6, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness

As we all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I spent some time searching for some products I could buy that would show my support and also help fund research. Below are some faves so far!

Queenslander Tours- Mr. Man and I have a dear friend who owns a travel business. He does some day trips in Colorado and also lots of cruises all over the place. He is a small operation. He has a couple of people who answer phones, an office manager and then a few tour captains. This year he is sponsoring, for the second year, Cruise for the Cure.

They have a really cool fund set up for people who would like to donate some money to help sponsor a fighter, survivor or caregiver to go on the cruise. Last year I helped raise some money so that a woman could go on this cruise. So if you are interested in that you can contact (on the bottom of their website page is a link to contacting them directly regarding this sponsorship) them about making a donation to that fund.

This year they are going to the Mexican Riviera and one of the tour captains is the owner's beautiful sister, Freida. She has worked for him for years and in 2007 was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is a single mom of 2 adorable boys. Believe it or not her ex-husband moved back in with her (or she moved in with him, I can't remember) and he helped her through the chemo and raising the boys. I thought that was the coolest thing I've heard! Way to step up and help his ex-wife! Anyway, in February of this year she announced she is cancer free! Her friend's had a website up with picutres and updates of her progress, but they lost it and all it's contents. This is all that is left, which is really a bummer because there were some cool pictures of all her friends and the support they offered her!

So if you or someone you know wants to go on a really fun cruise click here for more information. These people are absolutely fabulous to work with, they are fun and will ensure that you have a good time.



NOW, for you crafty folk out there- check these out! They are just plain fun! I want some!

Or this fun quilt product by Jack Dempsey!

Then of course there are the fun giveaways in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month over at Rainy Day in May!

I like this website too. Made me giggle. Save the Tatas
How comfy do these look?
How fun is this shirt?
These items just touch the tip of the iceberg of all the stuff out there! I am still looking at all the different options and really having fun. I love pink anyway so it makes it more fun to cook, craft and dress all in pink this month!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oooo! All of the items are so great. I love the 'Save the Tatas' tee! Also, I asked for many of the pink KitchenAid items for Christmas. I especially hope I get the teapot!!

My MILs sister (husbands aunt) died of breast cancer. Each year a lot of the family does the Race for the Cure. It feels good to help in any way we can!

sassy stephanie said...

I so want a ta tas shirt!

Kelly said...

Your post is so neat! Andy's mom passed away from breast cancer when he was 15. I LOVE the "Save the Tatas" shirt! I've wanted to get one :) I also really like the pink scissors too! Those would come in very handy at my house!