Yesterday a man stopped into the mortuary where Mr. Man works holding a cute little dog. He said he was waiting to catch a bus and saw this little dog running through the streets. He was worried she would get hit by a car so he wanted Mr. Man to call animal control to come get her.
The mortuary office manager wouldn't let him call animal control. She is a huge animal lover and is always taking in strays, but she said if she brought another dog home her husband was gonna kill her. So she was working on Mr. Man to take the dog home to us! She went out and had her vet look at the dog and she bought her a leash and a collar, a cute little shirt and of course some food and treats.
Mr. Man called me about 11 and said "we have a huge problem." he proceeds to tell me the whole story and adds in that he is falling in love with the dog (Note: He isn't a small dog lover so this is huge news to me!)

Evidently he didn't make it clear to the office manager that he would take the dog home so as the day went on she started worrying she would have to take the dog home with her. She was on the phone with one of the other mortuaries (for something unrelated to the dog) and told the guy the story and he said he would come get her.
When Mr. Man called this pre-menstrual wife of his, I cried. He felt terrible. I really wanted that dog.
I had to work late and when I called to say I was on my way home Lady Bug got on the phone and with the most excitement in her voice she said "MOM! We have a dog. A Real one!"
When I got home I asked Mr. Man what happened and he said the guy who said he'd take her ended up and couldn't because his wife said no.
Mr. Man posted signs up all over the area about the found dog. So far we haven't heard anything from anyone looking for her. We have explained to our overly excited children that we may not get to keep her. I'm sure they are praying no one calls for her!
She is house broken and goes to our back door every time she needs to potty. Her worst habit is she gets up on the table, like cats do. Yep. She hops up on a chair and then up on the table. Bad, bad dog!

13 comments:
i wonder if she would have to hop on the table to eat left over food? I automatically think the worst, and that was on animal planet once...
a dog, yay! I'm praying right along with your kids!
The table hopping habit can be broken! You scored with the house training!
OMG What a cute precious little doggy!! I'd want to keep her too! Hope it works out in your favor! If you are looking to find the owner you may want to take her to the vet to see if she has a chip. Or you may not...lol!
ok..that dog is so cute. She's so little you'll barely know that she's around.
What a cute pooch!
Awwww, cute little poopy! LOL
My fingers are crossed that she is yours to keep!! Ladybug would be heartbroken.
Is she a Chihuahua? She lloks like she could be! You're doing to the right thing to put up the signs--but I'll be crossing my fingers you get to keep her! What did you name her?
Oh abd--one of my dogs jumps on the table like a cat too!
Thank goodness pup's can be broken from table hopping - but it is a cutie! Enjoy your new family edition!
Awww...look at how cute she is!!
That is sooo cute! I love it when my hub. (who also didn't want our puppy) is playing his x-box with her cuddled by his side!
I hope you get to keep that cutie-pie!
Awww, what is the pup's name?
Now that is a cute little dog! Have you named her yet? Once you name her, that's it. No going back.
My mom found a dog a few months ago and never got any calls...Louie is now part of their family!
Post a Comment