I made this years ago for Thanksgiving we hosted at our house. We had several friends over who did not have family in town and then some of my own family were there too. (Side note that is in no way related to the recipe but this was the year that as we did the dishes we were placing them on one of those fold up tables that apparently was not locked in place very good and it crashed to the floor breaking several of my favorite crystal pieces. Needless to say, a lot of our wedding gifts were broken in that disaster!)
This is a great autumn dish and goes well with turkey or chicken.
Buttery Sweet Acorn Squash (serves 4)
INGREDIENTS:
2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
1/4 c frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
4 Tbls butter
4 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a baking dish with about 1/2 inch water. Place squash halves cut side down in the dish, and bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
In a bowl, whisk together the thawed orange juice, butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Turn squash halves cut side up in the baking dish, and drizzle evenly with the orange juice sauce. Continue baking 20 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Whoooo's numba one, numba one...it's Sassy that's who!
This sounds so yummy. I so love fall.
OMgosh. Sounds too yummy. Question for ya. Don't be so surprised. It's me.LOL
Do you scoop it out after cooking and place in a serving dish or just spoon a serving out of the squash half?
Aubrey-
Either way. I serve it right out of the squash, but you could scoop it out too.
yyyuuuummmmmmmm!!!!
I'm gonna be doing this!!!
loving the recipes Annikke!
You won an award too!! Go check out my blog entry entitled "I won an award!!" to see my nomination for you...xxxxxxxx
Okay, I'm not a squash fan, but this recipe actually sounds quite yummy. Anything with sugar and spices in it - YUM! I might have to try this on our Thanksgiving menu this year.
Post a Comment