Friday, October 24, 2008

Au Gratin Sausage Skillet

This is a quick dinner and is so very colorful. My kids love it and my husband requests it often!

Au Gratin Sausage Skillet
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb fully cooked polska kielbasa, halved and sliced into bite size pieces
2 Tbls vegetable oil
1 pkg (5 1/4 oz) au gratin potatoes
2 1/2 c water
1 pkg (8 oz) frozen California style veggies (although I've done with different types too, this is our favorite)
2 c shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet cook sausage in oil until lightly browned; drain. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender but not done, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes and veggies are completely tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

7 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That sounds easy...hows the dog?

Shell in your Pocket said...

That sounds just so yummy..it is raining and I could go for a dish like that!
-Sandy toes

AndreaLeigh said...

Yum... I will have to try that!

Unknown said...

My husband would love this!

Jennifer said...

That sounds delicious--thanks for sharing the recipe!! Hope the dog is doing well!

Melisa S. said...

Drooling here...this sounds yummy and I LOVE any type of potatoes!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, that may appear on the menu this week (with modifications of course since I can't find those ingredients here ;)