Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Disclaimer

The more I write on here the more I feel like I shouldn't. Each post offends SOMEONE somewhere. I started this blog as a way to journal the fun and funny things my kids say and do. I also wanted friends and family who don't live close to be able to read about what we are doing as a family. My original plan was to maybe someday turn it into a book (there are some great sites out there that do this for you!) But, you can't please everyone all the time and so often I get emailed about how I have offended someone.

You know what? I write as a journal and not to please anyone or everyone. The definition of the word Journal is "A personal record of occurrences, experiences, and reflections kept on a regular basis; a diary." A PERSONAL RECORD... hmm interesting! There have been some things I just chose not to post because I knew someone would be offended which sort of defeats the purpose of a journal. I know when I was a kid a journal or a diary was private and the only person  you worried about reading it was your mom or your siblings, but when I am blogging it becomes quite public (so public I can't even imagine all the people who have access to my journal!) I get that, I get that I need to be careful which is why I don't post certain things and why I keep our names private, but those who read this know who we are.

Friends and family have passed along this blog to other friends and family and I am always surprised to bump into someone I haven't talked to in a while and they tell me how they've been reading my blog..... Really? I am glad people can keep up on our doings, but in "real life" no one is ever going to be 100% accepting of the things I say or do or the way I may act at times, so why is it different when I write on my blog? Am I supposed to become someone else to write on my own blog? I think not! This is MY blog and I can post what I want to and what I feel like I want captured.

I am putting my disclaimer now that I may or may not offend you. My intention is not to offend. I may say things you don't agree with. My family may go to an event you wouldn't. We may let our kids do things you don't let your kids (or not let our kids do something that you would), but this is MY blog and if I offend  you then you are welcome to not read that post or not read this blog ever again, that is YOUR prerogative just like it is MY prerogative to say what I want on here. If you want to have a civil discussion with me about something then that is fine and I am open to listen, but I don't appreciate hateful emails or comments posted by "anonymous" people who aren't big enough to tell me who they are.

Thank you very  much for listening!

Now back to your regularly scheduled posts! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurray! God Bless you and your family.