We started moving the boys to their own rooms this weekend. (Click here to read more about that decision). My SIL is moving to a different state and had a day bed she wanted to get rid of. I told her I wanted it, but she evidently forgot and so she sold the bed to her friend. I mentioned to her on Friday night to let me know when she needed me to come get the bed and she got a very panicked look on her face and told me she had sold it. I said no big deal (although deep down I was kinda mad) and she just kept apologizing - I kept telling her not to worry about it. When we got back home I accidentally left my cell phone in my coat pocket, downstairs and on vibrate....she sent me 6 text messages - some apologizing about the bed thing and some asking me to call her. When I didn't respond I think she thought I was too mad to talk to her, which wasn't the case at all.
Saturday morning at 8:30, while I was in the shower, she called my husband (her brother) and started apologizing to him and he was telling her not to worry and she said "Well, here is the thing. My friend really only wants the trundle from under the day bed and not the actual bed part. She was only going to take the whole thing to get it out of my way. She is fine with you taking the bed and she will take the trundle part."
So Saturday afternoon we picked up the day bed. My original plan was to move the boys' bunk bed down to what is currently the playroom. This would become Spirit's room. I would move Lady Bug's bed into the boys' room for Lefty and Lady Bug would get the daybed. Well, the bunk bed didn't fit in the room like I wanted (thankfully Mr. Man measured this before we hauled it down there!) so we ended up spray painting the day bed black and putting it in the playroom for Spirit. Lady Bug and Lefty kept their beds. Lefty moved to the bottom bunk (which hopefully will help with bedwetting so he can get in and out of bed easier?!). I am not completely done moving Spirit to the new room and we still need to decorate some in both boys' rooms but we got a good start on it this weekend.
I will post pictures when it is all completed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of my other SIL's called me last week to see if I wanted to go to Disney on Ice last Friday with Lady Bug. She had bought two tickets for someone else but they couldn't go so she gave them to us. It was so much fun - late night for us, but a whole bunch of fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We all over slept this morning and so we rushed around like mad fools having only 25 minutes to get the boys fed and dressed and lunches made! yikes! We made it though!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I need more coffee..... I'll be back later to read up on all your blogs after I get caffeinated! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds like a busy weekend thats for sure! Wonderful about the room switching! I've been wondering!
I can't wait to see the pictures...How fun! You know I love decorating!
I'm exhausted just from reading this!
Coffee. Coffee makes everything better!
Post a Comment