Friday, February 20, 2009

Slow Cooked Roast with Vegetables

This was always one of my favorite dishes my mom made when I was growing up. When I married Mr. Man he told me he hated roast. I was almost devastated! Almost. Then I ate dinner with him at his mom's house and she served roast, or something similar. It was soooo dry and so flavorless I realized why Mr. Man hated roast. So I cooked a roast for him. He was hesitant to eat it at first, but once he tasted it he felt much better. He once told me that he never knew that roast could be moist and not be leathery!

Slow cooked roast and veggies
INGREDIENTS:
3-4 lb brisket, rump or pot roast
3 potatoes, cut up (we love potatoes so I usually do more like 5 or 6 potatoes)
3 carrots, sliced
1-2 onions, chopped
1/2 c beef bouillon
salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste
approximately 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce (I don't usually measure this so I don't really know how much I put in)
approximately 1 tsp soy sauce (I don't usually measure this so I don't really know how much I put in)

Put veggies in bottom of a slow cooker. Season meat with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and put the meat on top of veggies. Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and beef bouillon. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6. Remove meat and veggies with spatula.

6 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I am all for a yummy roast! Wish we were coming to your house for dinner!

Aubrey said...

Yum! Roast!

Question...do you put any water in the slow cooker?

Carrie said...

We ate a lot of pot roast growing up and a lot of it was dry and leathery. Mostly because my Mom would get distracted and cook it too long! When my Dad started cooking, we never ate dry roast again! " )

sassy stephanie said...

OMgosh! You are the only person EVER to cook roast like me! My recipe is almost the same...I have never used soy sauce.

I always LLLLOOOOOVVVE the way the house smells.

Sami Jo said...

Gosh I haven't had roast in quite a while :) Sounds Delish!

United Studies said...

Slow cooker roast beef is one of our favorite winter-time dishes!