Thursday, February 12, 2009

The differences between boys and girls

(or men and women or boys and women, etc.)

The kids and I were watching a movie one evening and it happened to be about a football star who finds out he has a daughter. He turns from self-centered, focusing only on his own needs to realizing how much joy a child can bring you. He becomes a changed man.

In the end of the movie, the daughter has gone back to be with her aunt and Mr. Football star isn't doing very well in the Superbowl. There are some tear-jerking moments, like when he tells the media that nothing means more to him than his daughter. Nothing. It is really sweet because the audience realizes that he is changed and we all want his precious little daughter to be back with him.

I am tearing up and look over to find my 8 yo son teary too. I said "This is a touching movie isn't it" and he says "Yea. I mean, it is sad to think he is going to lose the Super Bowl because of all this."

I think he missed the point.

When I mention it to Mr. Man, guess what he says? He assures me that Spirit did NOT miss the point.... after all, it is sad to think a football star might lose the biggest game of the year!

*my eyes rolling*

5 comments:

La Pixie said...

ha ha, thats funny. I love it because, young as he is, he still has a male brain.

was the movie good? I wanted to see it.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Dropping by from sits. A friendly welcome from a fellow blogger. Boys will be boys. Some things are hardwired.

BTW, I'm sponsoring a Valentine's Day giveaway at my blog, in case you're interested.

Zen Cupcake Blog

Anonymous said...

lol! Boys!

United Studies said...

HAHA....sounds just like something Peter would say!

Temple said...

What a man!!!