The weekend wasn't supposed to be busy, but it turned out to be a little busier than I had hoped for.
First off, with Mr. Man's new position at work he isn't on-call as much. He used to be on-call every other weekend, now he is only on-call once a month.
(I think most of you know, but for those of you who don't know, he is a funeral director. People always ask me why he is on-call, but since deaths can happen in the middle of the night the arrangements need to be made to go pick up the body and get it to the morgue. If the family has not chosen a mortuary yet, he might get a call from a family member looking for prices. So that is why he is on-call.)
Now back to the story...
So, since Mr. Man was home this weekend, we cleaned and we re-arranged our bedroom furniture... well, then we put it all right back where it came from! After it was moved around we decided we didn't like it! Thankfully, it was his idea to move it or I think he would have flipped out on me when I said "I hate it. Let's put it all back!"
I am working on several birthday gifts and the kids started working on Valentine cards (I know it is a ways off, but if I don't start now we end up rushing to get it all done!
I decided to do this idea from Family Fun for the boys' classes
and this is what we are doing for Lady Bug's class
and then we are doing these for the teachers.
Yesterday, after church I met up with two friends (they are sisters and I have known them since I was 4) for lunch. It was one of my friend's 37th birthday. Her dad sent her a gift card for all of us to eat out and then we went to Dave & Busters to play games. I ended up spending my "winnings' on items for the kids. It was a fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ok-this might be sick-but:
I don't think his job will be effected by the economy!
My hub. is in the automotive...maybe he should make a change...LOL
I was going to basically say what ruby red said...recession proof job!!
it sounds like a productively busy weekend! We need to start working on Valentines... We do them for all of the friends, nieces and cousins...
Dave & Busters is super fun!
I love the crayon idea. I've done with just regular muffin cups, but never thought of using a heart mold!
Dave and Busters is always a fun place to play!
I've developed a new fondness for funeral directors ever since my grandfather died. (Something I can't say to just anyone!) When my uncle was dying several years ago, he & my aunt chose a newer funeral home in town for his service; my grandparents were so impressed they ordered up their funerals right then! And at my grandpa's funeral last year, these people were amazing; they were so kind, professional, and just all-around good at their job. I left thinking, "Man, that's what I want to do!" It isn't really, but I was still totally impressed. I presume your husband is of the same quality! :)
Post a Comment