This is a recipe my mom used to make a lot when we were growing up. For veggies, she just threw in whatever was left over from the week so it could be peas, carrots, corn, whatever. We tend to not have to many left overs in the fridge to clean out so I use the following recipe, but you can add any vegetables you would like.
Crock-Pot Beef Stew:
INGREDIENTS:
3 carrots, cut up into round disks
3 potatoes, cut into cubes
2 lbs stew meat, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
1 beef bouillon cube (or 1 c beef bouillon)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 Tbls salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 large onion, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes
Place all ingredients in slow cooker in order listed (carrots on bottom and tomatoes on top).
Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6 hours.
**If adding any left over vegetables place them on top of the tomatoes.
***I have also added some hot sauce to make it spicy, but the kids don't really like it that way so I don't do it often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just found your blog today and I can certainly relate about feeling like I'm in a fishbowl sometimes!
I'm going to try your recipe for the beef stew. It sounds great!
Thank you for posting this! I was just thinking to myself today, "i need some really good crock pot recipes!" so, any more that you have, send them my way!!! :D
Mmmmmmmm...beef stew...in a crock pot! Sounds perfect for my schedule these days!
Happy New Year!
its sounds easy, but Im scared to try this. crock pots scare me.
Post a Comment