Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A birthday suit

This one had me cracking up so hard I almost wet my pants!

On Monday, Spirit's birthday, as I am tucking him into bed, he says to me:

Spirit: "I know what a birthday suit is."

Me: "You do?"

Spirit: "Yes. It is when you don't have any clothes on."

Mr. Man: "Do you know why they call it that?"

Spirit: "No."

Mr. Man: "Because when you are born you don't have any clothes on, so it is your BIRTH day suit."

Spirit: "Oh. I get it." *laugh* "That is what I should have worn today. All day. Since it is my birthday. I should have worn my birthday suit!"

Me: *laughing with tears running down my face* "I don't think that would have been a good idea."

Mr. Man: "Yea, have you ever heard of 'No Shirts, No Service'? Well, I am pretty sure we would not have been able to go to as many places as we did today!"

Spirit: "yea, and I would have been cold too!"

Well, yes there would have been that too!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love how being cold was the only concern in wearing your birthday suit out!

Misty said...

although, wouldn't it have made a great story when he's in high school trying to impress the girls? "yes spirit, remember that one year when you tried to go everywhere- on your birthday- in your birthday suit???"

La Pixie said...

ha ha, only a kid would be more worried about being cold than flashing everyone. awww, so innocent!

Aubrey said...

Oh Lordy! I can just imagine how much you were all cracking up! So cute!