While we were in Oregon my sister made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies for our camping trip. They were so yummy. I decided for this week's recipe I needed to post a recipe for these cookies. I hope you enjoy.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (my sister did half chocolate chip and half butterscotch chips)
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and oats; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended before stirring in the chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart. Flatten cookies to 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 21 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These sound wonderful! Wish I had a big batch of them right now!
Post a Comment