The babysitter called me at work to discuss some things that happened during the day. She said it was nothing alarming, she just wanted to tell me about it before I got home because when I first get home it tends to be chaotic with the kids all jumping around me trying to tell me about their day, leaving the sitter no good opportunities to tell me things. We manage, mostly being interrupted 200 times before she gets to one point. She has also tried writing it all down for me to read, but one time I mis-read something which caused more confusion later.
Soooooooooo, anyway, she called me at work to tell me a few things. She was right. Nothing earth shattering, but definitely some things I needed to address with the kids.
At the end of my work day, I went home. I walked in and chatted with the sitter a little bit. The kids did their usual dances around me, etc. After the sitter left I started dinner, as usual. At the dinner table, while everyone was eating I said to Spirit: "Would you like to tell dad what you did today or do you want me to?" His jaw dropped to the floor and he stared at me for about a minute. I just kept eating without changing my facial expression. He finally said: "I guess I should."
He told his dad what happened, Mr. Man addressed it with a good talkin' to and that was that.
At bedtime, as I was tucking Spirit into bed he whispered "How did you know about that?" I said: "Moms know everything." I could tell he wasn't sure whether to believe me or not. *insert evil laugh now*
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YES! We've been there. I loved that power... Then she outsmarted it... But it was good while it lasted :)
LOL! Moms do know everything.
I remember when I was in first grade I took all my clothes off. (catholic school uniforms were not comfortable). They called and spoke with my dad and to this day, had I not grown up I would never have known how he found out. I love this story. Keeps kids honest too.
Post a Comment