
Ever played Monopoly and drew the card "There has been a banking error in your favor. Collect $200"?? I feel like I just drew that card!
I have spent the last several days, including 2 hours on Saturday morning sitting in the bank with a banker, fighting with them about my account. I made a deposit one morning of some checks, but forgot to deposit some cash that Mr. Man asked me to. Later that day I made the deposit at an ATM of the cash. Two days later the check is posted to my account and the cash isn't showing at all. Usually when I make a deposit (whether it be at a teller or an ATM) it shows online as "pending". The cash deposit didn't show at all for 3 days, then it showed up as pending. It didn't get credited to my account for 4 days.
In the meantime an automatic payment was deducted from my account and since the deposits weren't credited in a decent time I accrued over draft protection fees. I felt those fees weren't justified and tried to get the bank to reverse those charges. They keep standing behind the fees. I have gotten several different answers. One of which is that all ATM deposits are not credited for 3 days and that all teller deposits post immediately. I told them that the teller deposit didn't credit immediately either. The answer I got to that was "It should have posted right away." So I am thinking, "Exactly. That is why I want the overdraft fees reversed." I am not getting anywhere.
So after arguing with these people I just decided it wasn't worth the fight and I decided to wait until today when our account representative, which we have built a pretty good relationship with, gets back from vacation to see if he can do anything about the fees. BUT, since I was at the bank I walked over to the teller and made another $80.00 deposit of a rebate check I had. Guess what they did with that deposit? It was credited immediately as "available funds" BUT they credited my account for $800.00 instead of $80.00. UGH. It isn't even showing as pending...it is showing as available. Can these people not get this figured out???
I spoke with our account rep this morning and he agreed to reverse a couple of the fees, but not all. As for the $800.00 he said he would check into it because from what he was looking it at was a deposit made for $800.00. I can't believe these people are so messed up -- and at my expense!
4 comments:
Wow! I think I need to open up an account there, deposit $80 at the ATM and see what happens!
Good luck getting it all sorted out!
Ugh, what a pain. You're trying to be responsible and they dont seem to care!
Oooh...I hope this is not my bank!
how i missed this, I don't know, but WHAT A MESS!!!
Post a Comment