We are having amazing weather for the kids' spring break this week! (Other than the almost-tornado winds yesterday) Mr. Man has most of the week off to be with them. The kids really needed this mental break from school and friends.
Lefty has been having problems with his best friend. He said he didn't know why the kid was so mad at him, thankfully they resolved it somehow and have been calling each other again.
Over the weekend the kids and I played "Just Dance" on Wii for hours on end - I am a tad bit sore but man oh man did I have a blast with them! Mr. Man reclined his chair and watched for most of it but he did get up and do a 70's song with Lady Bug (she killed him in score!)
Since we painted Lady Bug's room last month we decided each of the boys would get a turn in "updating" their room a bit. We are starting with Lefty because his will require the least amount of updates. We found a bed on Craigslist for dirt cheap and will throw up some paint later in the week or maybe the weekend.
For Spirit's room we will basically have to gut it and start over which means new carpets and all. When we bought the house this room had a built in desk which we never really liked but tolerated until we were ready to gut it. I guess we are ready to gut now! His bed is falling apart, the built-in desk is falling apart and coming away from the wall and he has no storage space. When we get that far we will get him a new bed, tear out that desk and be forced to get new carpet in there. We will also throw up some paint for him too. I am looking forward to re-doing his room, I am not looking forward to the construction and the financial side of it!
As a close to the spring break week we are planning a camping trip for a day or two! I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am HORRIBLE at Just Dance. I never was a good dancer and I guess I'm still not!
Enjoy the rest of Spring Break!
Post a Comment