
Almost 5 months ago a dear friend of ours passed away after his long battle with stomach cancer. Today is his birthday. His wife and kids baked him a cake and are celebrating his life, even though he is gone from this world. It makes me so sad to think we have to celebrate this BIRTH day when he is gone.
I miss the smile that he always seemed to wear and how he had just the right things to say - even when he was suffering he would ask me how I was doing - as if that mattered, I wasn't the one fighting for my life. I suppose he is having a grand celebration in heaven and THAT makes me smile.
Happy Birthday Tom!
Here is a picture taken a few weeks ago of his beautiful wife and children.

1 comment:
You can definitely take comfort in knowing that he is celebrating with the Lord!
And his family is gorgeous.
Post a Comment