I haven't had much to post about lately so today I thought maybe I would just give a short run down on each us:
Mr. Man - after having a week off from work and spending it at home with the kids, he has now worked 8 days straight. He will have a day off tomorrow, work on Wednesday and Thursday and then off again on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Spirit - is 9. He thinks he knows it all and he is sassy. But then he can also turn around and be the sweetest kid ever. The roller coaster is really annoying me. He has decided he ONLY wants to wear basketball shorts and t-shirts every day so over the weekend I made him help me sort through the 20 pairs of shorts he has and pick out the ones he wanted to keep. I also insisted he keep a few pairs of jeans shorts for the times I want him looking a little nicer. Even with all that and even though he fights a lot with his siblings, he told me last night that one of the neighbor boys was being mean to Lefty and he told the kid if he couldn't be nice then he should go home. I was pretty proud of him for protecting his brother like that!
Lefty - is 8. He is struggling with trying to be "cool" like the older boys in our neighborhood, but yet he still enjoys playing things that aren't "cool". I watch him try and try to fit in with the older boys and then he gives up and will find Lady Bug to play with. She enjoys playing school with him, he pretends to be the teacher and helps her with worksheets (so she can earn computer time). The other day Spirit was with a friend and so Lady Bug and Lefty and I were driving to run errands and she got upset by something. He looked at her with concern and asked what was wrong. I didn't hear her response to him, but he said "Well, don't worry about that. You're my best friend." That melted my heart! I am preparing for him to turn 9 next year and act like his brother is now (Lord help us all if he does!)
Lady Bug - is 5. She is preparing to go to Kindergarten in August. She is very excited about it all! This weekend we were out shopping and she asked me if she could get her "first day of school outfit". I encouraged her to wait just a little bit. She is growing like a weed right now and I don't want to get her an outfit that won't fit in August. She has been a little whiny and sensitive lately, if she doesn't get her way we all hear about it! Her preschool teachers had been working with the kids in reading preparations. Lady Bug and I were reading a few books last night and she can read some words, I was very impressed! She will be a good reader like her brothers!
Me - Been working and working. I was doing some contract work a few weeks ago which meant I was gone from the house a lot, but it was a short job and I earned some extra cash which was nice! I will be taking a week off in August just before school starts. We don't have any child care coverage for August so Mr. Man will take the first week off, a friend of mine will watch them the second week and then I will take that third week off. I plan to use the time to prepare the kids for school, we'll start adjusting the bedtime to a more reasonable hour and I am planning a Back-to-School party for that weekend. I told a couple neighbors that they could come too if they wanted to. I have a birthday coming up this weekend... WOO HOO (or not!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment