Lady Bug comes up to me the other day when I was doing some serious multi-tasking and trying to get several chores done. She is doing what she does best right now, which is tell me long stories (well, technically she is pretty good tattler too, but this time she was in story telling mode). I was doing what I do best when I am in multi-tasking mode, and I was only half listening. She is carrying on about a movie she saw and there was a blue birdie. Then I missed some of the details but the next thing I caught was:
Lady Bug: "And then the bird died just like the bird in our yard."
Me: "What? What bird in our yard?"
Lady Bug: "There is a dead bird on the sidewalk in the back yard."
Me: "Can you show me?"
So we head out to the back yard and sure enough. There was a dead bird. We have no idea how the bird died, but the dog was over there sniffing at it. I ushered the dog in the house and quickly hollered for Mr. Man to come out. He scooped up the poor bird and put it in the trash.
So in all my multi-tasking I am just glad I tuned in to the finale of her story so that the poor bird didn't lay out there and get eaten by cats, other birds, rodents or worse yet my own dog! I guess I should pay more attention to her little stories, who knows what I've been missing out on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm a half-listener as well. Good thing you heard the dead bird part!
So funny hon, I could totally picture this!
aww, Im just glad that she wasnt upset about the bird!
Im soooo guilty of only half listening.
Guilty!!! You really saved the day on that yucky task-
Post a Comment