First off, we got each of the teachers a gift card to the movies (good for 2 tickets and $10 at the concession) as a thank you for all the hard work this year. Plus, we made all the teachers and office staff these little gumball tins. I was inspired by the idea here . I went to the craft store and couldn't find any cute little jars or tins or anything for less than $1.50 a piece. I just didn't think I should spend that kind of money, just as I was about to give up I found 20 little tins in the clearance bin for $0.29 each. SCORE!!! I bought all 20, figuring that what I didn't use for the gumballs I could use for something else later! I made some little tags to attach to the top of the tin (I stole Everything Is Pink's idea for the tag. I loved what she put on it!) and then we had the kids deliver them! I found a big container of gumballs at Walmart for $6.00. Overall, this was an inexpensive gift and it let the staff know how much we appreciate their hard work!
I have seen several of those "end of school t-shirts" all over the Internet and so I decided to make one for each of my boys. I bought an off-brand Iron-on Transfer package of 4 sheets of transfer paper and then just typed up something in Microsoft Word. Then I also bought some balck iron-on letters to put their name on the back of the shirt. They came out really, super-duper cute! Here is the final product! The boys had all their friends sign the shirts with sharpie markers.
HERE IS WHAT THE SHIRTS LOOKED LIKE BEFORE THEY WERE SIGNED
(The front of the shirt says "Thank you [teacher's name] for a GREAT year!" and the back says "Look out 3rd grade [or in Lefty's case 2nd grade] here I come!")
AFTER SIGNING:
Now it is officially summer vacation. Yippee! I know the time will fly by and soon we'll talking about back-to-school stuff again!
2 comments:
I love the shirts! I love the gumball idea, too. I had seen that someplace else, too - but it was too late for me.
We were super boring this year and just made some cookies - well, it's what Drake wanted to do, so that's what we did. I wasn't much into the end of the year festivities this year for some reason, so it didn't make me excited and crafty. I was just ready for school to be over!
I love the shirt idea, though. I think Drake would like to do that next year. I'll have to remember
you truly are the most thoughtful, craftiest mom I know. And your gifts to the teachers? Holy cow you are AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment