I have a couple school/kid things rolling around in my head so this post is going to be a strange one (won't be the first time!)
Lady Bug has Spanish class three times per week at the preschool. The teacher is such a sweet lady, probably 60-65 years old. I can never remember her name and she always remembers mine -- I hate when I do that! So last night at dinner I asked Lady Bug what the Spanish teacher's name is. She said "I can't say. She is just a grandma." (When she says "I can't say" it usually means she can't remember, but that took us a long time to figure out why everything was a big secret 'I can't say' -- now we know she just doesn't really know or remember!)
I kinda chuckled when she said she is just a grandma and she looked at me and said
"What? She is all sprinkle-y like a grandma."
Spirit said "Sprinkle-y?"
Lady Bug said "Yea. You know her face is all sprinkle-y, just like our grandmas."
I realized she must have meant wrinkly, it was kinda cute and I know she doesn't mean it bad but I don't want her telling the teacher that!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I hesitate to post this part of the whirlings from my head because I am afraid I will sound lazy. This is the first year the boys are having to go to an after school program. In the years past Mr. Man has worked out his schedule to be available to pick them up after school. When they started the new school this year we decided to do the after school program and it worked better with Mr. Man's new position at work. The boys are adjusting just fine and have made friends in the program. Here is where my laziness comes in -- one reason I was excited for this program is that, #1 the woman and man who run the program have done it for 25+ years, starting at a YMCA until that closed 9 years ago and have been at the school since, #2 they have a schedule set up and stick close to it. They have outside play time, snack time and a required homework time. If the child does not have homework they are required to sit and do something quietly, read or color or do puzzles.
Where am I lazy? Because in the past years I would get home from work, rush to get dinner on the table, then we would rush to get the boys to do homework and then showered and off to bed. It was stressful and sometimes we would end up doing homework in the morning after breakfast too. With the after school program having a required homework time, the boys are getting most of the homework done before they even get home. Our evenings are so relaxed. Last night I reviewed the stuff they did at the school and then the only homework they had left was each boy was supposed to read for 20 minutes. We all read together, each one with our own books. It was awesome!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't call that lazy in theleast, I call that using your noggin.
btw, I like the term sprinkly much much better ;)
Lady B is too cute sometimes! Ok...all the time. But that was a lot-o-cute right there! That is so neat they are teaching Spanish!
I agree with Bar-b, not lazy at.all.
not lazy at all!
I love Sprinkly... Way better than wrinkly!
Post a Comment