The other day Mr. Man called me at work, he was getting off work early and knew I needed some things at the grocery store so he offered to go for me. He started making a list. I know from past experience that if he doesn't write it down he will get side tracked in the store (you know, the Fruity Pebbles start calling his name!) so I asked if he was writing it down. I got a very reassuring "Yes!"
I proceeded to tell him that we were totally out of toilet paper (thank goodness for boxed Kleenex to save the day) so if he bought nothing else I would be grateful!
When I got home he immediately announced how proud of himself he was. He said he bought several things on sale and got us "stocked up". I wondered what he stocked up on. He told me what he stocked up on:
5 boxes of cereal
2 bags of Clementines
Bananas (I've never stocked up on bananas...!)
Macaroni noodles
Canned pork-n-beans (again, never stocked up on those!)
And I bet you can guess what he didn't stock up on...yep...TOILET PAPER. Not only did he not stock up on it, he didn't even buy any! So much for making sure he wrote it down!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yep... men without the lists. Never good...
That is hilarious.
Did he offer to make the trip back to the store?
Becky
LOL Classic man mistake.
I refuse to send my hubby to the store alone. Somehow, he will manage to come home with 1, maybe 2 bags and spend $50. Hmmm....
Ummm....those are the most random things to stock up on! But at least he meant well!
I can't send Peter shopping because, even though he gets everything on the list, he also comes home with about $50 in other items we don't need.
Post a Comment