Friday, September 12, 2008

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Over the last couple of months I have received recipes from 3 different people for Jalapeno Popper Dip/Spread. Each recipe was just slightly different. Last weekend I tried one of the recipes for Mr. Man and some of his friends to eat while they watched football. Let me just say that this was the yummiest dip. E.V.E.R. Mind you, I only tried one version of this so I need to give the others a try to.

Here is the recipe that I tried:

JALAPENO POPPER DIP:
INGREDIENTS:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise (I actually did just a little less than a full cup) and DO NOT USE MIRACLE WHIP
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained (the smallest can is a 4 oz can so I just dumped approximately half of the can)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chilies and jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Microwave on High until hot, about 3 minutes.

We ate ours with tortilla chips and sliced pita bread.

**NOTE: You could also bake this in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes instead of microwaving it, which would make the cheese nice and browned.

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yummy for my tummy!

I will locate and get those recipes to you!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so delious.
Yummo.

Becky

Beth Cotell said...

This is one of my favorite dips to make! I use this exact same recipe only I use 4 ounces of jalapenos...I like it spicy.

And I take 1/2 of Panko breadcrumbs and toss with olive oil and sprinkle these on top.

I bake it at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

And you are right...The.Best.Dip.Ever.

I wish I had a big dish of it right now....YUM!

Steph said...

On my Must Try list!